Thursday, August 21, 2008

beautiful things.

I know, i know, i was wrong i always said Rock isnt for me!i will shamelessly admit it i was wrong.though i gotta blame it on the introduction we (me and rock)were not given a chance to get to know each other.i never really went for the rock nights (i pretended to religiously attend)for the music.i went because i was bored and couldnt stay in while my housemates enjoyed themselves, so i tagged along because i wouldnt kill me.
Rock and i were given another chance inform of "ROCK OBSSESED FRIENDS" in a certain room on campus Africa Hall D block, we camped many times to ensure we fulfilled our academic obligations through thourough reading enforced by frantic academics and mostly by a friend who saw to it that we read whether we liked it or not.still this was an introduction gone bad i just never got how they knew every lyric to every song at least for most of them.for one i could partially explain how she knew every lyric this was friendly enforcer, when we were in about s.2 and people owned music books she was a class apart she owned a music counter book yet her history book was a 200 page small picfare book,talk about priority. her lyrics were right i guess because they were from a pause and play era read cassette player a habit she carried to campus.
fastforward(august 2008)i got another chance to meet rock someone gave me c.ds rock,jazz.rnb,instrumentals whereas i was over the moon because of the rnb,jazz and instrumnetals i wasnt too thrilled about the rock c.d but i convinced myself that this half of the year i would be more open to anyform of education. decided to listen to it from work that meant total attention to rock since i dread the proceedings at work i had something to help me not pay attention to them.i must say it has been the start of hopefully a beautiful relationship that will last. right now am so loving beautiful disaster by kelly clarkson,........... wait for it,I LOVE THIS SONG!so i want to ask cloudy and all you rock lovers when did you know you and rock were going to have a beautiful relationship.does anyone have an il divo c.d i would like to borrow it.

13 comments:

Savage said...

First of all I would like to thank the academy for the socks.

For me, I got into rock music in 2001. And it was forced.I spent 3 months in a remote part of Virginia where the Urban(Hiphop and RnB) radio stations had a very weak signal and all summer long I listened to Uncle Kracker, Staind, Sum 41, DMB,Incubus, Atlien Ant Farm, Puddle of Mudd,Linkin Park,Sugar Ray, MatchBox 20 etc. After that I was hooked.

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

the most beautiful thing about music (rock and everything else decent enough to the ears) is how without warning here come these perfect lyrics, in the most perfect tune, stuck in your head for as long as you need them to get through life.
If music is not the reason why we exist, it is certainly close!!!

Savage-good list!!! MatchBox 20 still get heavy rotation when Im stuck in traffic.

Mr. B2B said...

Eh..
Where have you been
GooGoo, LP, Alannis, 3Doors, Staind, Coldplay (though not technically), Hoobastank, 3rdEyeBlind, Evanescence, LifeHouse (damn these guys are good), MATCHBOX20, Man, the list os quite long Leo, and Scotchie too

But it was Blink 182's "miss you" that messed me up...

Along with The Calling's "WhereeverYouWillGo"
Totally

if you can ask around for other such alternative rock bands, you will be messed up...

i ever lend out my shyte....

Maybe copy if for you, but never lend it out!

Tumwijuke Mutambuka said...

The red is killing my eyes, but welcome back to blogland,

leos child said...

@ savage- you should be grateful it was then now i gotta catch up with everyone in the 21st Rock centuary!
@scotchy i toatlly get what you mean right now just saw and listened to everything lifehouse and am off to live in one,...B.E.A.U.T.I.FUL.
@mr.b2b....once thought alaanis was kukoos!am a convert.pliz copy for me i want to be messed,till am stained!
@omutahinga..... thanks red makes me feel powerful and useful.

Unknown said...

can't remember when exactly but have been listening to rick dees since like forever, maybe 1996 and he was basically my only source of rock music... have loved it since then... can't imagine anyone not loving rock music...

i actually got my brother who is a hard core hip hop fan to listen to it and now really likes it...

cloudy rays said...

mr.b2b- its like yo reading my mind......Life house, The calling.... Have we met?????

cloudy rays said...

Leos Child i highly recommend Goo goo dolls 'Iris' and Snow Patrol's 'chasing cars'. U will steadily and unapologetically (if that word exists) fall in love with rock

Xena said...

madame, welcome to rock world.
Like Sybella i was introduced to rock by rick dees years back and listening to lifehouse, 3 doors down, creed, the calling, etc did it for me.
80% of my music library is rock, all time favourite "wherever you will go" by The calling.

Petite Femme said...

Jwiiii, I didn't know u had a blog here... I'm ever at leo's darling bouncing.

Petite Femme said...

Cloudy rays, I wanna marry u (don't matter even if u're a chic) Ithat is my playlist essentially...Snow Patrol and Goo Goo dolls. then take some James Morrisson, Coldplay, Train and I think the rest have been talked about.

foxylamb said...

leo, i would have sworn that mr b2b introduced you to the whole rock thing. he is like the spokes person for rock musicians in the country. rock music has deep lyrics, dont know if this is true or if its just because i used to think rock musicians were unserious till i got a cd that gave me a change of mind. holla back

Unknown said...

rock and me will prolly never see eyeball to eyeball...but u haven't said a word in eons