Wednesday, August 6, 2008

LOVE IS NOT LOVE OR IS IT

I gotta admit, the writers block am sleeping with is not as good as the one Cherie is frolicking with.I cannot seem to write anything sensible! Cherie some on a quickie with your block? I thought i should share with you some of the things that make life for me worth living.Sometimes when there is every reason under the sun not to go on, not to believe that you are capable of loving and deserve to be loved, this poem manages to restore my faith in love.I first fell in love with it in my poetry class.It was love at first sight and it has been the most fulfilling love affair, this spark is not about to go out.For those that already have an affair with it, may the spark be rekindled and for those that will be reading it for the first time may you fall in love with it and have the love affair of your existence; complete with butterflies, shivers running down your spines,your heart racing fast beating loudly till it can be heard from a mile away.

SHAKESPEARS SONNET 116
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
With in his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.



William Shakespeare

(1564 - 1616)

3 comments:

Akea daughter of Suntop said...

Newbie and a firstie is that wat ur guys scream?nway ..................its still apos

leos child said...

@newbie i think i know you.do i?

Unknown said...

shakespeare... not my cup of tea

the block is only for a season... soon you'll be flooding us with posts